November 16, 2009

Tis The Season *UPDATE*

Well, its that time of year that us parents are shopping to find the perfect gift for our kids. I really thought for a moment that this year I was going to get off easy, wrong. My dear 4 year old has ask for a hot item once again, whaaaaaaaaaaa! Yes, this adorable cute little 8-10 dollar toy cant be found anywhere in our area. Adalyn has been asking for a HAMSTER for a while and I have it on her list, just not in my possession. Not in any hurry to purchase the little rodent (I mean hamster), I've been busy shopping and gathering other cute little things for my pea pie. DH calls me today to ask if I had the hamster for her yet? Why no I don't, just hadn't picked it up yet. Well, he proceeds to tell me they are a hot item and I should start looking. Looking, searching, surfing, nothing! How can this be? While I do love a challenge, this is posing to be a rather hard one. Amazon has them as you can imagine for 5 times their original cost or more. I will not stoop to that level, yet. Check back in a week or so, that could change. :o)
To answer the question are they real, no, thank goodness! They "run" on batteries. But if I don't find one soon, real may be the deal. So I plead with all you Moms, please check your local toy store, call a friend of a friend, call your representative. This should be against some kind of law, not making enough toys to go around and showing them repeatedly on the television. I hope to find one of the cute little run on batteries easy to take care of rodent. But if I don't, Christmas will still happen and we will always keep His birth at the center of our celebration.

7 comments:

Jboo said...

They're not real live hamster's are they? We haven't seen this toy yet! Good luck!

Janet

Carolin said...

i echo jboo's question ... this isn't going to be a real rodent is it? YIKES!

Kam said...

If you don't find one, let me know! I love me a good challenge! Ha! And I'm so glad it isn't real!

Michelle R Photography said...

Why DO toy companies do that? It dates back to Cabbage Patch dolls, then Elmo... Grrrrrrr!!! I hope you find it!!

Becky said...

I hope you are successful! My sister-in-law (which has included me and my mom) has been looking for these things for a month and has not had any luck yet. Good luck!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

RamblingMother said...

Have you found one yet? Hope so. I haven't looked, thankfully G is still too little without a lot of older sibs etc to entice her with this.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh I know that this is one hot item this season. I know someone who waited in a line at the wee hours of the morning back in October, because they were saying that they were not going to be easy to get for Christmas. I hope you can find one. I will keep an eye out for you:)

Good luck my friend

Lisa